Hello world! If you follow me on instagram you know that I got sick yesterday, but I’m feelin’ a bit better today. Thanks for the well-wishes . I still have a cold, but I literally could not get out of bed yesterday! So today is a huge improvement. So now that I’ve made it out of bed, I decided to link up to Meghan‘s Week in Review:
Besides yesterday, this week has been a blast.
This week I:
-Had two awesome date nights with the boy. We went to the Orchestra and saw Star Trek last weekend:
Which was SO good. I mean, we all know I love Benedict Cumberbatch… and he did not disappoint.
-Started (and finished) a new-to-me show:
called Copper! So freakin’ good. I blitzed the whole season this week… oops… Now I have to wait until July for season 2
-Hosted my linkup
I had the banana hazelnut flavor and, like Benedict in Star Trek, it did NOT disappoint! Holy yum. I put pb2 in between each pancake and topped with a ton of syrup and banana slices.
I made them for the boy and I and we snarfed them up in approximately 2 minutes flat.
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbs cocoa powder (unsweetened or sweetened, doesn’t matter)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oats (you could also replace half the oats with sort of flour to make them more like traditional cookies and less chewy)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
1) Throw everything except the oats and chocolate chips into a food processor** and blend until smooth and creamy.
2) Put in ½ a cup of oats and blend.
3) FOLD in the rest of the oats and chocolate chips (and other mix-ins if you want)
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
**You could probably mash everything by hand and mix it together; it would just be a lot more work.
These were melty, gooey, chocolatey and downright delicious, if I do say so myself.
Have any of you guys baked with avocados?
Have a great weekend everyone!