Happy Monday everyone. Oh sweet sweet coffee, get into my body.
Anyone watch the Golden Globes last night? If so did anyone freak out over Tina Fey’s dress??
Talk about marvelous. She looks stunning!
Oh and I loved seeing my favorite:
Even if it was just for a few seconds .
I had a pretty laid back night last night, which was quite marvelous after a very productive week and weekend. I finished homework, ran errands, and then made myself a fabulous dinner whilst watching the Golden Globes. I’m quite proud of my dinner! It was delicious and I will happily be be eating the leftovers all week.
(Sort of) Shepherd’s Pie
-1/2 cup onion
-1 and 1/2 cups canned peas and carrots (I bought a mixed can of both)
-1 pound lean ground turkey or ground beef
-salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 425
2) Bake the sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes
(I hate cooking them in a pan, I always burn them and they take forever, but you could definitely do this if you have a big enough pan for all the ingredients and the patience to cook them all in there)
3) While the potatoes are cooking, put the onions in a non-stick pan over medium heat on the oven and cook for a few minutes, or until they start to turn translucent.
4) Put the ground meat in and cook until no longer pink/red.
5) Add the canned veggies and spices. Cook until everything is heated.
6) Take the potatoes out of the oven and pour the contents of the pan into the baking dish with the potatoes. Mix everything up and enjoy!
So hearty, healthy, comforting and of course delicious. Could I really ask for anything else?
Almost forgot, I watched the first episode of Girl’s second season on Hbo after dinner/watching the Golden Globes.
Seriously that show is too funny. I think Shoshanna is my favorite character, but I’m really just loving them all lately!
Off to class now. cCiao!